Steam Whistle Braised Beef on Mashed Potatoes
Submitted by Mike Garth and his Mom.
- In an oven safe large pot, brown beef in the oil. Remove browned beef cubes from pot and set aside.
- In the same pot with beef removed sauté diced bacon until brown.
- Then add onions and the diced peppers and sauté for about 2 minutes on medium/high heat.
- Then add mushrooms and garlic, sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add flour to mixture and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and 2 cups of Steam Whistle Pilsner.
- Simmer mixture until it thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return browned beef to mixture.
- Cover pot and place in oven for 1 ½ - 2 hours at 325 degrees until beef is tender.
- Serve on mashed potatoes. Finish with finely chopped parsley on top and enjoy!
2 lbs. beef round steak cut into 1" cubes
1 tbsp oil
4 bacon strips diced
3 medium onions chopped
1 green pepper 1" dice
1 red pepper 1" dice
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
3 cloves garlic finely chopped
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 cups Steam Whistle Pilsner
Salt and pepper to taste