Steam Whistle Thai Noodle
Chef Keiron Meaney of The Bow & Arrow shares his spicey thai dish.
This recipe serves 4 but could be altered to suit the number of people in your dinner party.
Cut chicken into strips and marinate in Steam Whistle for 1-2 hours.
Soak rice noodles in hot water for 20 minutes and drain well.
In a wok or fry pan, heat up oil on high, add chicken and brown (2 minutes).
Add garlic, onion, carrot and peppers and cook 1 minute.
Add raw shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
Add beer from chicken, chilies, oyster, fish and thai cooking sauce and cook another minute.
Add sprouts and noodles, basil, corriander and mint.
Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with chopped peanuts and lemon wedge.
The Bow & Arrow - Pub & Restaurant
1954 Yonge St., Toronto
Serving up the best - fresh and natural!
- 2 - 5oz. chicken breasts
- 1 lb. medium-sized shrimp - uncooked
- 1 pkg. rice noodles
- 24 Steam Whistle Pilsner (23 to drink, 1 to cook with!)
- 1 Red Pepper - sliced
- 1 Red Onion - sliced
- 1 c. Bean Sprouts
- 1 carrot - juliened
- Fresh basil, corriander & mint to taste (as little or as much as you like)
- 2 green onions - chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped peanuts - optional
- 3 red chilies - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - chopped
- oil for cooking
- 1 oz. oyster sauce
- dash of fish sauce
- 2 oz. thai cooking sauce (available at most supermarkets or asian markets)
- 1 fresh lemon - quartered lengthwise with seeds removed - salt & pepper to taste