Grilled Steam Whistle-Marinated Fajitas
Created by Tony Tomei, the Chef at Cousin's Market, Mississauga Ontario, a fine retailer of epicurean foods, local produce and premium butchered meats.
Grill beef on BBQ and then slice thinly to put inside fajitas.
Toss all the ingredients together and then grill in a skillet. Fill fajita shells with the grilled veggies and sliced beef. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, grated cheese and fresh chopped cilantro.
Marinade and Beef
- 3 Chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, plus 2 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 5 Large cloves garlic, crushed through a press
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Steam Whistle Pilsner
- 4 Pounds flank steak, trimmed, cut crosswise into 3 pieces
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 4 Bell peppers (1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 orange), quartered and seeded
- 2 Red onions, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper