Tell us about yourself? Describe your role with Von Bugle.
My life can be summed up in 3 B’s – Bikes, Bass, and Beer! When I’m not at work you’ll find me playing gigs around the city or riding all the beautiful trails Toronto has to offer, and both of those activities are perfectly capped off with a couple Von Bugles.
My role is Brand Manager for Von Bugle, this means I have the pleasure of working closely with our sales and marketing teams to ensure we’re getting our beer into as many hands as possible and creating new loyal fans.
What’s your favourite aspect of working with a brewery like Von Bugle?
The best part is definitely the people. The Steam Whistle and now Von Bugle family has become such a huge part of my life since joining the company, and I look forward to coming to work and seeing all my colleagues every single day. It’s also very rewarding to work for a company with such a dedication to our craft – there’s no shortcuts in brewing the incredibly high quality beers that we do, and we all take pride in that.
Tell us about Von Bugle. Where did the name come from?
Von Bugle, in its German styling, is an homage to the European brewmasters and brewing traditions we’ve always celebrated. The bugle itself is one of the earliest instruments that would have been brought to Canada along with those brewing traditions, and back then the bugle call would be used bring communities together to drink and celebrate.
What can people who haven’t tried Von Bugle expect about this Ontario Craft beer? (How would you describe Von Bugle? )
The special thing about Von Bugle is the way it defies preconceived notions about darker beers – it’s a full flavoured beer that doesn’t sacrifice sessionability. This is a testament to our dedication to traditional European lagering and long cold ageing, it’s these methods that provide Von Bugle it’s unique smoothness and balance.
Where is your favourite place to enjoy a Von Bugle (other than the Square House)?
Famoso Pizzeria in the Annex! I’m the (
Sounds of Steam Whistle Spotify
- What song gets you on the dance floor? A Thousand Miles – Vanessa Carlton
- What song reminds you of your youth? Nervous in the Alley – Less Than Jake
- What’s a song that was played at your first concert? Deadbolt – Thrice
- What’s your favourite cover? Feel Like Makin’ Love – D’Angelo (Robert Flack)
- Guilty pleasure? Good for You – Selena Gomez
- It’s a Friday
nights, your friends are over getting ready to go out, what’s your pre-game song? Juice – Lizzo
- Go to Karaoke? I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
- A song you know every word to? Love on Top – Beyonce
- WHat song is on the highest rotation for you right now? I Need It – Johnny Balik
- What would be the intro music for the movie adaption of your life story? Just Kissed My Baby – The Meters
Most Popular Posts
What is helium beer? Will drinking it raise the pitch of your voice? No. It turns out helium and beer don't really mix, and here's ...
Beer companies aren’t legally obligated to share their nutrition information with you--but we aren’t most beer companies.
Beer and alcohol companies are not obligated to provide nutritional information about their products. But here at Steam Whistle we're not afraid of sharing the ...