How long have you been apart of the Steam Whistle/GBF family?
I’ve been at Steam Whistle for 7 years! Holy cow time flies.
What is your position at Steam Whistle?
Can you describe your role?
I primarily setup and organize our offsite events across Ontario while also planning Launch parties here and setting up deliveries across the GTA through our sponsorship requests. I also ensure our Vintage vehicles are full of beer ready for your next house party.
What’s your favourite part about planning and organizing different brewery and offsite events?
We get to plan some great experiences for people. Whether it’s here at the brewery or on the road and it’s extremely rewarding when you can make people happy. We’re a proud member of our community and love to be involved in a lot of charities and fundraisers when we can.
If you had to choose, what would be your favourite aspect about working at Steam Whistle?
You mean aside from the beer right? Most certainly the people. I’ve had the pleasure of working with some incredible people over the past 7 years and they’ve all been incremental to our success as Canada’s leading Craft Brewery.
What are some of your favourite events that take place at the brewery?
SCREAM WHISTLE – When you put 700 people in a room, all decked out in their Halloween costumes, it’s quite a riot. I was a whoopie cushion for Halloween a few years ago, what a gas. We’ve been throwing the party for several years now and both Scratch Bastid and DJ Fields McQueen make it one hell of a party.
What is a Steam Whistle initiative that means a lot to you?
I’ve always been very proud of our Green Initiatives, it’s important to have a conscious and healthy outlook on our environment. Our green bottles can be used up to 45 times and close to 90% of all the bottles come back to us, to use time and time again.
Is it true when people say the Steam Whistle culture is contagious?
It’s wildly contagious! I found a golden opener in 2012, got the VIP treatment here and I just never left! As soon as I started learning about the company, the beer and the people, I knew I had to find my way in here. I believe I got hired two weeks after I went on my first tour!
Where is your favourite place to enjoy a Steam Whistle?
Whenever I head to the west coast I make sure I get a hike in through the Rocky Mountains and once you reach the top and catch your breath – crack open a cold one, it’s the best-tasting beer you’ll have…work your way back home and THEN have a shower beer! Shower beers for the win.
What is one word you would use to describe your work experience with Steam Whistle?
Oooo, I’d say Harmonious.
Sounds of Steam Whistle Playlist
- What song gets you on the dance floor? – Lose Yourself to Dance, Daft Punk. Literally, I lose myself to Dance and am all over the dance floor.
- What song reminds you of your youth? – First Date, Blink-182
- What’s a song that was played at your first concert? – American Woman, the Guess Who
- What’s your favourite cover? – Hallelujah, Jeff Buckley
- A guilty pleasure? – Doin’ Time, Lana Del Ray
- It’s Friday night, your friends are over getting ready to go out, what’s your pre-game song? Busy Earnin’, Jungle
- Go to karaoke song? – Hey Jude, the Beatles
- A song you know every word to? Eyes on the Prize, Arkells
- What song is on highest rotation for you right now? Cause You Did – Willa
- What would be the intro music for the movie adaption of your life story? – North East South West – Japandroids
Most Popular Posts
What is helium beer? Will drinking it raise the pitch of your voice? No. It turns out helium and beer don't really mix, and here's ...
Beer and alcohol companies are not obligated to provide nutritional information about their products. But here at Steam Whistle we're not afraid of sharing the ...
The 2017 edition opener, which has the signature Hudson’s Bay Company stripes on one side and the Steam Whistle logo on the other, was designed ...