TORONTO, Ont. (April 11, 2019) — It’s playoff season in Toronto, and fans are looking for the best places to take in the game.
There is nothing like commiserating with your fellow fans, sharing in the celebrations with the game on big screens and cold beer flowing out of the taps.
“Playoff fever is sweeping across Toronto, and we all have a common purpose cheering on our boys on the ice and court to victory,” says Tim McLaughlin, Vice-President of Marketing at Steam Whistle Brewing. “There is no better sports town during playoff time than Toronto, and no shortage of places where fans can gather and party with the game on, good food and cold beer.”
Here are six great Toronto hot spots for catching all the playoff action:
- Locomotive Hall — The new event space at Steam Whistle Brewing’s historic roundhouse is one the newest gathering spots on the scene. It will open its 6,700 square feet in the historic Roundhouse in downtown Toronto to fans on game nights starting Saturday, April 13 with two massive televisions, one giant bar and a pop up restaurant providing the eats.
- Real Sports — Hailed as Toronto’s No. 1 sports bar, it boasts an HD TV that is two storeys high and dozens of other screens so you won’t miss a second of the action. It is also conveniently located in Maple Leaf Square, the heart of Toronto’s professional sports scene.
- Rec Room — A little something for everyone from this spot, Steam Whistle’s neighbour in the Roundhouse across the street from Rogers Centre. A great menu, diverse selection of beer and video games galore provide a hopping atmosphere during game nights.
- Jack Astor’s — Every Toronto location of Jack Astor’s is perfectly equipped for game night — draft taps, munchies, full-course meals, TVs throughout the bar and great staff.
- Walrus Pub & Beer Hall — Maybe not your typical sports bar, but there isn’t a bad seat in the house from the bar in the Walrus and it offers 20-plus beers and ciders on tap. It is also nicely located on Bay Street at Wellington.
- Maple Leaf Square — So maybe it isn’t a sports bar per se, but the atmosphere in Maple Leaf Square — or Jurassic Park for basketball — on game nights is electric. What else do you expect when you gather with 5,000 fans in a public square watching the game on a ridiculously massive 24-metre screen?
Join the conversation on Twitter @SteamWhistle, Instagram @SteamWhistleBrewing and Facebook at /SteamWhistle using the hashtag #WhatsInYourBeer.
About Steam Whistle Brewing:
Steam Whistle Brewing remains true to the old-world method of brewing pilsner. Its Czech Brewmaster ensures each batch is crafted flawlessly following the Bavarian Purity Act of 1516 to craft a pilsner that is true to what pilsner should be: crisp, golden and well-balanced. One of Canada’s leading independent craft breweries, Steam Whistle is made with only four ingredients and no additives or preservatives. Steam Whistle’s Bohemian-style pilsner is characterized by a floral hoppy aroma, a sweet, full malty character that is balanced by a pleasant bitterness and a clean, crisp finish.
For more information, please contact:
Stephen Murdoch, Vice President, Public Relations
Email: [email protected]