February 24, 2022
1) Dress warm! How prepared you are temperature-wise will directly impact the time you have at Steam Whistle’s Roundhouse Craft Beer Festival. Don, your wackiest retro-ski gear and don’t be afraid of looking ridiculous.
While we’re on the subject of game changing outer wear that brings us to our next point…..
2) Wear touchscreen glove-liners. For all of you on Untappd, Roundhouse Craft Beer Fest provides an opportunity to earn badges with over a hundred varieties of Ontario craft beer available to taste. Touchscreen gloves also mean you can snap your #RHCBF Instagramable moments without risking frostbite.
3) Plan your attack in advance. Check out our full list of participating craft brewers, cideries and distilleries here. When tasting beer it is generally recommended to work your way up to the highest IBU’s. That means if your first beer is a double IPA you’re going to overwhelm your taste buds right outta’ the gate. We recommend starting with something lighter both in hop and malt profile and working your way up to the heavy hitters.
4) Satisfy hunger first before your thirst– You’ll want to eat a hearty breakfast to soak up all delicious craft beer you’ll be enjoying. Make sure you’re snacking often throughout the day and sampling eats from the many local food trucks participating and Biergärten fare including Bratwurst, Nuremburg Sausage, Pork Hock, Pretzels and Fries.
5) Pace yourself – Roundhouse Craft Beer Fest is a marathon not a race. Although it may be tempting to warm up with higher ABV brews make sure you are taking time to taste and appreciate the beer as well as alternating with sessionable beers so you can last all day.
7) Keep moving – we’ve got a number of games and activities on site to keep people moving throughout the day. Not to mention our outdoor DJ dance party which turns into the biggest après ski dance party Toronto has ever seen.
If you haven’t bought tickets yet or need more details on the event, visit www.craftbeerfest.ca
See you there!
Most Popular Posts
Victoria Day is celebrated on May 24th in Canada and the long weekend is a usual kickoff to the outdoor drinking season.
Victoria Day Long Weekend is about enjoying great friends, good eats, cool drinks and a compliment of true north strong party music.
For a limited time in British Columbia order our beer to get a complimentary 24 oz glass.