How long have you been a part of the Steam Whistle/GBF family?
Over a year!
What is your position at Steam Whistle?
Can you describe your role?
As an in-house Graphic Designer, I get to work with all functions across the brewery to create visuals for a multitude of projects. Since I started I’ve had the opportunity to work on some awesome items like; packaging, tin signs, social media posts, merchandise, Steam Whistle Biergärten branding and postcards. To see your work in print is one of the most humbling experiences!
What’s one of your favourite milestones at Steam Whistle that you’ve been a part of?
The Steam Whistle Biergärten opening! HAVE YOU EATEN THERE YET? One of my very first projects was branding the new space, which included making an accent wall full of my illustrations (please refer to the photo of me being a dork), designing a food menu, drink menu and coasters.
Is there a piece of Steam Whistle history that makes you extremely proud to work here?
The launch of Steam Whistle Pale Ale. The months leading up to the big reveal of our first-ever brand extension was exciting. Brainstorming with the Marketing team, helping execute the launch party, designing items for giveaways and building a photo backdrop.
Where do you hope to see Steam Whistle in the next 20 years?
In the next 20 years, I hope to see Steam Whistle available in multiple countries all over the world. Our beer is too delicious to stay in Canada. People abroad deserve to experience it.
If you had to choose, what would be your favourite aspect of working at Steam Whistle?
I feel like everyone says this and I have to agree, the people. Our Creative and Marketing team at Steam Whistle has a strong mix of hardworking, hilarious, creative and passionate individuals that I can collaborate with on a daily basis. Coming into work is effortless when you really enjoy your company.
What makes Steam Whistle stand out as a brand?
The GBF (Good Beer Folk). If you interact with anyone who works for Steam Whistle, you’ll understand why. We’re a group of genuine people who love beer and having a good time.
What is a Steam Whistle initiative that means a lot to you?
Our Artist Showcase. At the Roundhouse, we’ve got a MASSIVE collection of artwork that was donated over the years from artists that previously were showcased in our gallery. As an artist myself, seeing Steam Whistle support up and coming local artists is really inspiring and important for our culture.
Is it true when people say the Steam Whistle culture is contagious?
YESSSSS. If you want to truly feel our culture, take part in any events we’ve got going on. My favourite times of the year are Summer and Winter Roundhouse Craft Beer Fest, being outdoors, listening to live music, supporting our local food and beer friends. It’s a great time.
Where is your favourite place to enjoy a Steam Whistle?
On a patio or anywhere outdoors, with friends.
What is one word you would use to describe your work experience with Steam Whistle?
Unforgettable. I get to work alongside insanely creative, inspiring people that make me cry-laugh. I’m pretty lucky.
Sounds of Steam Whistle Spotify Playlist
- What’s one of your favourite songs from the last 20 years? Meat Grinder – Madvillain
- What song gets you on the dance floor? Vivid Dreams – Kaytranada ft. River Tiber
- What song reminds you of your youth? Hypnotize – The Notorious B.I.G
- What’s a song that was played at your first concert? Thank You for the Venom – My Chemical Romance
- What’s your favourite cover? This Must Be the Place (Naïve Melody) [by Talking Heads] – Kishi Bashi
- A guilty pleasure? Adorn – Miguel
- It’s Friday night, your friends are over getting ready to go out, what’s your pre-game song? Sandstorm – Darude
- Go to karaoke song? Careless Whisper – George Michael
- What song is on highest rotation for you right now? Father Stretch – Sunday Service Choir (I am not religious, but after listening to this – I get why people go to church)
- What would be the intro music for the movie adaption of your life story? Patience – Tame Impala
Most Popular Posts
What is helium beer? Will drinking it raise the pitch of your voice? No. It turns out helium and beer don't really mix, and here's ...
Beer and alcohol companies are not obligated to provide nutritional information about their products. But here at Steam Whistle we're not afraid of sharing the ...
The 2017 edition opener, which has the signature Hudson’s Bay Company stripes on one side and the Steam Whistle logo on the other, was designed ...