Does Your Party Sound Like St. Patrick’s Day?
Make sure your St. Patrick’s Day has all the sounds of Ireland with our perfect playlist for any party. Featuring more than just the sounds of Bono from U2.
March 1, 2020
Green beer and coddle may be the beginnings of a great St. Patrick’s Day party, but they’re certainly not all you need to celebrate the secular side of this shindig. You also need a soundtrack for festivities, and there’s no more fitting option than some foot-stomping Irish music. Traditional Irish music dates back 2000 years, and began as an oral tradition to relate the rich, vibrant history of the Irish people. So, as you quaff a pint of frosty Steam Whistle this March 17th, also partake in a verse or two of a rollicking Irish tune and pay homage to this fine, feisty culture.
The Best Irish Music
U2 is not your only option, friends! Irish music for St. Paddy’s day abounds, and we’re here to give you the ultimate St. Patrick’s Day playlist, packed with the best Irish music. From more traditional Irish drinking songs to modern Irish music and tunes inspired by the Emerald Isle, this St. Paddy’s playlist is good craic.
Without further adieu, we raise a glass to you, great beer and the best Irish songs for your St. Patrick’s Day party.
Irish Music for Your St. Patrick’s Day Playlist
- Whiskey in the Jar – Irish Rovers
- Finnegans Wake – Dropkick Murphys
- Galway Girl – Steve Earle
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues
- The Irish Rover – The Dubliners
- Win Just Once – The Saw Doctors
- The Liar – Seamus Kennedy
- If You’re Irish, Come into The Parlour
- Black Velvet Band – Paddy Reilly
- Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced – The Dropkick Murphys
- I’ll Tell Me Ma – The Irish Rovers
- If I Ever Leave this World Alive – Flogging Molly
- Bottle Of Smoke – The Pogues
- Paint the Town Red – The Mahones
- Bugger Off – Fiddler’s Green
- Dicey Reilly – Dublin City Ramblers.
- Devil’s Dance Floor – Flogging Molly
- Seven Drunken Nights – Ronnie Drew
- Whiskey on a Sunday – The Corrib Folk
- Runaway – The Corrs
- All for Me Grog – The Dubliners
- Free to Decide – The Cranberries
- Sing Irishman, Sing – The Barley Corn
- Beer, Beer, Beer – The Clancy Brothers
- Drunken Lazy Bastard – The Mahones
- Home for a Rest – Spirit of the West
- Drink and Fight – Dropkick Murphys
- Bugger Off – Fiddler’s Green
Wait! Before you press play on that Irish music, be sure to toast the day with this classic Irish drinking toast in honour of St. Patrick himself.
Saint Patrick was a gentleman,
Who through strategy and stealth,
Drove all the snakes from Ireland,
Here’s a toasting to his health.
But not too many toastings,
Lest you lose yourself and then,
Forget the good Saint Patrick,
And see all those snakes again.
Sláinte to all, from Steam Whistle!
Most Popular Posts
Order Our Brew = Free Glass For You
For a limited time in British Columbia order our beer to get a complimentary 24 oz glass.
The History of St. Patrick’s Day and Beer
Have you ever wondered why St. Patrick's Day and beer go hand in hand? Let us take you through the history of St. Patrick's Day ...
What is the Best Temperature to Drink Beer?
What effect does temperature have on beer? We have put together this handy article to show you the best temperature to drink your favourite beer.