Call it the May 2-4, May Long Weekend, Victoria Day, or if you’re in Quebec, National Patriot’s Day, but no matter what you call it, nothing speaks to this national holiday like great friends, good eats, cool drinks and a playlist of true north strong party music. Observed in Canada since 1845, Victoria Day originally served to pay homage to Queen Victoria. These days, however, this much-anticipated long weekend is more widely celebrated as the official kick-off to summer, with a glass raised in the general direction of Canada’s former sovereign.
Like so many others, we at Steam Whistle welcome Victoria Day with one hell of a party. In addition to our perpetually frosty bottles of Steam Whistle, a hallmark of our Victoria Day shin-dig is our all-Canadian music party playlist. Combining classic Canadian artists as well as newer talents, our collection of tunes provides the perfect background music for your long weekend festivities. It doesn’t matter if you’re at the cottage, on a patio or hanging out in your backyard: our music will help set the scene for those chill long weekend vibes.
What are you waiting for? Start loading these tunes on your Spotify playlist, iTunes playlist, or burn an old school CD: this is the background music for the ultimate Victoria Day party!
Steam Whistle Victoria Day Party Playlist
- Courage — The Tragically Hip
- Keep the Car Running — Arcade Fire
- Stereo — The Watchmen
- One More Astronaut — I Mother Earth
- Push — Moist
- Crabbuckit — K-0S
- Barrett’s Privateers — Stan Rogers
- Summer of ’69 — Bryan Adams
- I Feel it Coming — The Weekend (Ft. Daft Punk)
- Life is a Highway — Tom Cochrane
- Rockin’ in the Free World — Niel Young
- That Song — Big Wreck
- Before You — Chantal Kreviazuk
- If I Had My Way — Big Sugar
- Brother Down — Sam Roberts
- What a Good Boy — The Barenaked Ladies
- Seeds — Hey Rosetta
- En Voyage — Claude Dubois
- Started from the Bottom — Drake
- Fifty Mission Cap — The Tragically Hip
- Do Your Time — Sloan
- Claire — Rheostatics
- Diamonds, Diamonds — Max Webster
- The Weight — The Band
- Working for the Weekend — Loverboy
- Carefree Highway — Gordon Lightfoot
- Alberta Bound — Paul Brant
- Call Me Maybe — Carly Rae Jepsen
- Hand in my Pocket — Alanis Morisette
- Hard Road — Sam Roberts
- Head Over Heels — Blue Rodeo
- I Don’t Know — The Sheepdogs
- Absolutely Anytime — The Watchmen
- Stompa — Serena Ryder
- Kissing Rain — Roch Voisine
- Hold Me in Your Arms — The Trews
- Put Your Hand in the Hand — Anne Murray
- This Respirator — The Flatliners
- Count on Me — Default
- Ordinary Day — Great Big Sea
- My Stompin’ Ground — Stompin’ Tom
Most Popular Posts
Nothing says wedded bliss like the bubbling, effervescence of Canada’s beloved brewery, Steam Whistle! If you’re looking to say “I do” in the most ...
Beer and alcohol companies are not obligated to provide nutritional information about their products. But here at Steam Whistle we're not afraid of sharing the ...
Learn more about our Head Brewer, Erica McOustra.